Thursday, February 23, 2006

Top 10 signs that you are obsessed with Harry Potter

10) You have thought about naming your children one of the following: Sirius, Harry, Hermione, Remus, Minerva or Albus.

9) You have ever mumbled "Avada Kadavra" or "Crucio" under your breath when someone annoys you.

8) Your spouse has ever caught you saying "Up" to that Wal-Mart special broom that you own.

7) You have ever seriously considered buying any of the Noble Collection merchandise.

6) You have a fully functional Dementors costume hanging in your closet right now.

5) You have in your possession or have ever wanted a bumper sticker stating either that "My other vehicle is a Firebolt" or "If you can read this then...Avada Kadavra!"

4) You have ever referred to your boss or other authority figure as "The Dark Lord"

3) The words spew, owl, newt and D.A. have totally different meanings in your mind.

2) Your spouse catches you using her eye-liner to draw a lightning bolt scar on your own son's forehead.

And finally the number 1 sign that you are obsessed with Harry Potter is... You have the date of March 7th marked on your calendar and remind your spouse everyday of the number of days left to the release of Goblet of Fire on DVD.

Yes I am guilty myself to many of these so don't be shy to let me know if you find yourself relating to many of these signs as well. If you dare, let me know which ones you or your spouse are guilty of and we will compare them this weekend.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Trust me, he is guilty of most of them. We're lucky Camden has a normal name.

Kathy said...

LOL

i am not ashamed to say i'm right there with you on more than half of them. Nice Boy reads Harry Potter to me every night. (i'm 29!)

emlouisa said...

LOL Mark! My mom LOVES HP! I like it, but am not obsessed. I will have to refer her to your blog, she'll get a real kick out of it!

Anonymous said...

I am emlouisa's mom. Yes, I am a Potterholic. I loved them all--I call my boss 'he who must not be named' and everyone knows who I'm talking about.

Meemer said...

My name is meemer, and I'm a potterholic. Yes, I am guilty of many of these. Ummm....I even entered my kid into a costume contest look-a-like harry potter. Yeah, he's two. AH well, we won GOF!!! Can't beat that!

And I love the name SIRIUS.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »